If you prefer direct investment, you need an EB5 direct visa. This visa is ideal for you if you intend to invest in real estate or to open a commercial enterprise in the United States. The enterprise can be a joint venture, a limited liability company, a partnership or a sole proprietorship.
EB5 Visa Plan This is meant for people who are ready to invest half a million to a million dollars to start or buy a business in the US. It is an exclusive business program that allows investors from foreign countries to get green cards and be on the path to becoming US citizens because of their investments that create jobs for Americans. Since the 90’s – 29,000 U.S visas have been awarded to foreign investors who have invested billions in American businesses.
Qualifying for the EB-5 Funding
To qualify, enterprises must prove that they have an ability to create a minimum of 10 jobs for US citizens in each $1 million invested. EB-5 visa business plans have become more popular among investors for being a way they can get funding quicker than traditional business loans.
Tips to Help Enterprise Owners Get EB-5 Funding
- You need to be ready for hard questions because investors will dig and prod to learn all aspects of your business be they good or bad. You should also be as transparent to investors as you can.
- Opt for a regional center to help you meet the job creation requirement of the EB-5 program.
- Business owners should apply for Exemplar status at the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services which is a great way to gain an advantage over competitors. This will help you get projects pre-approved. It also creates more confidence among potential investors.
- Design a compelling marketing campaign to help you gain an edge over the competition. There are so many business owners trying to get funding so you must create a creative campaign to beat them to it.
- Hire a firm to help you develop a winning EB-5 strategy.
If you or even your client needs help in creating a successful immigration business plan for visa application, get in touch with a LEAP consultant today.